- One aligned coaching pathway
- Systems and policies to achieve greater diversity in coaching
- Vertical and horizontal development pathways that deliver ongoing education and support for coaches at every level
- Recruit strong communicators with the right credentials to deliver courses
- Recruit young people into the volunteer workforce, increasing diversity including female coaches
- Recognise and address the different needs and challenges across metro, regional and remote areas
- Deliver better experiences, including education for officials, through digital solutions
- Establish a centralised database
- Introduce both vertical and horizontal pathway that deliver ongoing education and support for officials at every level
- Develop competition formats that utilise the skills and expertise of officials and volunteers more effectively
- Continue the development of the education system as an online offering
- Retain the strength of the core Little Athletics (LA) product for 0-12yo and build complementary offerings around it to leverage and strengthen the LA brand.
- Connection of Little Athletics, as an iconic brand in primary schools, to be strengthened, with models developed to meet the needs of schools, including social, team and competition
- Clear objective for investing in school delivery and measurable outcomes for participation growth
- Find ways to help clubs/centres become more welcoming and inclusive – be open to all.
- Recognition that remote and rural communities have different challenges but also provide unique solutions
- Provide delivery models to assist athletics communities in producing consistent growth
- Standardise the delivery of athletics across centres, clubs and states to deliver quality, broad and diverse experiences
- Vertical (performance) and horizontal (athletics for life) as a core construct, that connects and engages participants throughout their lives
- Provide opportunities for participants to connect, develop friendships and connect to their community as a major benefit of delivering competition
- Development of a whole of sport national competition calendar 2022/2024
- A joint competition delivery team that has the key task of developing aligned rules for the “Youth” age groups at the national level
- Remove or reduce duplication at the national level
- Alignment of age groups and equipment specifications that provides clarity across the pathway
- Board arrangement will deliver a robust governance system consistent with Sport Australia’s governance principles
- Equal representation between AA and LAA on the Board
- The Board will be skills based, with an independent Nominations Committee responsible for reviewing and recommending directors
- The Board will appoint the Chair of the Board
- üoard sub-committees will feature representation from each of AA and LAA
- The Board will transition, over three years, with members voting for directors annually
- Develop a detailed digital strategy process that informs digital choices facing the sport for the next 7 to 10 years
- Audit and understand the sports digital and data security risks to implement a mitigation strategy
- Athletics can interact with its ‘consumers’ in a modern way
- To build an ecosystem of service providers and ensure the quality delivered across its systems is consistent and sustainable
- Solve program and service delivery pain points for coaching, officiating, events and high performance
If the proposal receives the required level of State and Territory Member Association support, a new National Body will be established.
OneAthletics Program Timeline
2020 – May 2021
Building the elements which inform the model for Australian Athletics
- Product & pathways
- Coaching pathway
- Officials pathway
- Schools product
- Brand identification
- Strategic development
November – December 2021
Registration of Australian Athletics.
If the proposal receives the required level of State and Territory Member Association support, a new National Body – Australian Athletics – will be established.
Stakeholder engagement will continue throughout the project with specific opportunities identified to collaborate.